Blue Revue Auditions (2021/2022)
Blue Revue has been selected to perform at the 2022 Illinois Music Education Association Conference alongside Lincoln-Way Central’s Intuition. Students must be certain they can attend this conference in order to audition for Blue Revue. The conference will take place from January 26th-January 29th, 2022. Details are TBD.
About Blue Revue
Only this year
About Blue Revue
- Blue Revue is an elite vocal jazz ensemble that consists of 10-16 mixed voices.
- During the 2021/2022 school year, Blue Revue will rehearse in the fall and spring. Blue Notes (treble ensemble) will audition and rehearse in the spring.
- During the fall, rehearsals will take place on Mondays from 2:50-4:15pm.
- During the spring, rehearsals will take place on Mondays from 3:00-5:00pm.
- New this year: due to Madrigal auditions occurring in the fall, Blue Revue camp will replace Madrigal camp this summer. Blue Revue camp will take place from Tuesday, August 10th-Friday, August 13th from 11am-3pm. Blue Revue camp will be mandatory for group members, just as it typically is for Madrigal students.
- Performances include Kaleidoscope, jazz showcase, and vocal jazz festivals (all dates TBD). The majority of performances will occur in the spring.
- All rehearsals and performances will be mandatory. Thoroughly review your conflicts (college auditions, doctors appointments, family obligations, other clubs/activities) and decide if you are able to be present for the good of the ensemble. Take into consideration your workload. Blue Revue members are required to practice individually.
- Please audition if this group only if you are ready for the very serious commitment. After a year of little to no obligations, we will have a lot to prepare for in the coming school year.
Only this year
- If you are currently in Blue Revue and would like to maintain your spot in the group next year, you will not need to re-audition. However, you are highly encouraged to attend auditions and sing with prospective group members.
- Please confirm your spot in the group only if you are ready for the very serious commitment. After a year of little to no obligations, we will have a lot to prepare for in the coming school year.
- You must confirm your spot in the group BEFORE Monday, May 24th.
- If you decide to keep your spot in the group, you must still fill out the audition form (for sake of conflicts).
- Blue Revue auditions will be held in person on Monday, May 24th from 3-5pm.
- Please fill out this Google Form prior to auditions.
- The two cuts for auditions will be taken from Chili Con Carne and Java Jive, both of which will be included on our set. Please learn the cuts and prepare to sing them in a quartet (Java Jive) or quintet (Chili Con Carne). You will be the only one on your voice part (Madrigal audition style). Please understand that the audition cuts are lengthy & difficult on purpose: students who audition need to be prepared to jump in and catch up on repertoire.
- Please keep in mind that you are auditioning for a vocal jazz ensemble. Consider the vocal style (airy, smooth, breathy, generally more straight-tone). Work on this as you practice for the audition.
- Once the group is established, there will be an informational parent meeting.
- The fee to participate in Blue Revue for the 2021/2022 school year will be $50 to cover apparel as well as festival entry fees. The fee will be due on the last day of camp (Friday, August 13th).